What we do
The world’s and Australia’s No.1 CFD provider*, and Australia’s No.1 retail forex provider*.
We give retail investors leveraged access to over 10,000 financial markets through our award-winning dealing platform and mobile apps.
A global presence
- Offices in 17 countries across five continents
- 136,000 clients worldwide (May 2015)
- Average of over five million transactions globally per month (Apr-Jun 2015)
- A FTSE 250 company with market capitalisation of £2.9 billion (May 2015)
- Regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Net global trading revenue of £388.4 million1
What are CFDs?
A CFD (Contract for Difference) is an agreement to exchange the difference in the value of an asset from the time the contract is opened until the time at which it is closed. By trading CFDs, you can potentially profit whether a market moves up or down. You never actually own the asset or instrument you’ve chosen to trade, but you can still benefit if the market moves in your favour. This is because a CFD is a derivative product which has a value based on an underlying asset.
With IG you can trade CFDs on a huge range of markets, including shares, indices, commodities, foreign exchange and many more.
Why choose IG?
We began in 1974 as IG Index, providing an innovative way for retail investors to speculate on the price of gold.
With 40 years’ experience, we hold a market-leading position in many countries, including Australia, the UK, Singapore and France.
We are authorised and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
We ensure all client money is held safely in a segregated bank account and is never used for hedging or any other operational purposes.
As a large multinational organisation we have strength in resources and stability, with a well-capitalised, debt-free balance sheet and consistently strong growth.2
CFD losses can exceed deposits. Refer to our PDS.
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.
Please consider our PDS.
IG does not issued advice, recommendations or opinions in relation to acquiring, holding or disposing of a CFD. IG is not a financial advisor and all services are provided on an execution only basis.
IG Markets Limited. 84 099 019 851. AFSL 220440.
* World’s largest retail CFD provider by revenue (excluding FX). Source: Published financial statements. As at September 2015. Number 1 in Australia by primary relationships, Investment Trends June 2015 CFD Report. Australia’s No. 1 retail forex provider: By primary relationships, November 2014 FX Report.
1 IG Group Holdings Plc, as at 31 May 2015
2 Profit before taxation was up 1.3% in the year ending May 2015